Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our SiteOffice365 Home Premium $67.15 1YR Subscription
AT&T Worldnet Account
Entourage 2004 has changed the way it negotiates a secure connection in order to comply with internet protocol RFC 3207. This provides a better connection as well as complying with the RFC. It seems that ATT uses a method not compatible with this protocol (with respect to the order in which certain items are negotiated).
- Download SSL Enabler
- Install and launch SSL Enabler. Click on the Add button and enter the following info:
- Click the Save button and quit SSL enabler.
Create a New Account in Entourage 2004: In the menu bar under Tools select Accounts.
New! see screenshots as examples of the new AT&T desired settings for security enhancements
- Enter your email address and Entourage will automatically enter settings for your account.
- Modify these settings
- Enter entire email address, enter password (Save Password in Mac OS X Keychain unless you want to enter each time you connect)
- POP Mail Server field, enter ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net
- Sending Mail Server field, enter 127.0.0.1
- Set advanced receiving options:
- Set advanced sending options
- Close Account. You're ready to send and receive mail.