Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our SiteOffice365 Home Premium $67.15 1YR Subscription
Convert Mail from Windows to Mac
- Import email, address book, contacts and calendar
- Import from Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 or later
- Import .csv file
- Import Notes in Outlook Win to Entourage
- Import .pst file (Outlook supports importing .pst but Entourage does not)
- .pst import tool
- Import a windows based *.pst file (from Outlook® 2001 for Mac to Entourage)
- Create a new .pst and move or copy items to it (Applies to: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003)
- Extract Attachments from .pst file
- See these articles on the OfficeforMacHelp Blog for additional help importing .pst files:
- Open a .oft file
- Open .msg & Winmail.dat files
- User Feedback on options:
- See Comments on Importing from Outlook for Windows based PST to Entourage for user experiences with different options to convert.
- Read reviews of applications by switchers
- Options for Entourage and Outlook
- EmailChemy... Excellent! Can read AOL for Windows ("PFC" files), Outlook for Windows (.PST and .OST files), Outlook Express for Windows, any UNIX-style or mbox-format mailbox and many other files types. Does not get calendar events or contacts. Saves as both .rge and .mbox. Outlook for Mac will import .rge file.
- Outlook2Mac...Transfer Windows® Outlook® email, contacts, and calendar appointments from your PC to your Macintosh® computer! [Popular]
- PST Converter Pro...This tool can also convert Outlook PST files to Entourage archive, outlook pst (including password protected ones) to standard mbox, outlook pst to eml files while preserving UNICODE content. PST Converter pro also supports this unique feature which exports and preserves message attachments. Works on a PC.
- Move My Mail to Mac...Works with all Outlook Versions $7.99
- "Klammer" allows you to open MSG & Winmail.dat files on Mac. $5.99 at App Store.
- Outlook Mac specific
- Outlook to Outlook for Mac Move, convert and migrate your Email, Address Book, Notes, Tasks, Contacts and Calendar Items from your old Outlook account to the new Outlook for Mac
- Entourage specific
- Outlook to Entourage from "Convert My Email". Transfers your email, address book, contacts and calender to your new Mac's Entourage account. This will create an Entourage account just like your Outlook account.
- Windows Live Mail to Entourage transfers your email, contacts, attachments, email folder structure and email dates to Entourage.
- Outlook Express to Entourage...Transfers your email, attachments, email folder structure and Windows Address Book to Entourage.
- PstExporter for Mac exports messages and contacts found in Microsoft Outlook .PST files. Contacts are exported as vCards and easily imported by the system’s Address Book. E-mails are written to mbox files. Supports importing appointments into iCal. PstExporter is able to read files generated pre and post Microsoft Outlook 2003.
- Transfer Contacts and Calendar
- Scrubly Address Book cleanup tool. Helps with formatting errors, duplicates. Automatically backs up your address book. Safe storage you can access and download any time in the future.
- Outlook to iCal Export Utility for Windows (freeware)The outlook2ical utility is a VB macro that can be used to export a set of appointments from an Outlook Calendar as .ics file.
- Plaxo tolbar for Mac
- Spanning Sync Synchronize Google Calendar and Apple iCal.
- Entourage can sync with iCal when Sync Services are enabled. Outlook sync to iCal is coming in SP1 14.1.0. (note Mavericks no longer alows for sync)
- Use iPhone to sync Contacts (Entourage) User reported this tip: I simply synced my Outlook 2007 contacts (in a PST file) with my iPhone and then my iPhone with my MacBook Pro, worked fine and even imported pictures stored in the contacts.
As I do not need to have all the e-mails out of the PST file, but definitely required the attachments, I used the free Outlook Add-In "Outlook Attachment Remover Add-in" to pull out all attachments.
If you are a member of an organization that uses Microsoft Exchange Server, Entourage/Outlook provides access to the e-mail messages in your Exchange mailbox without importing anything. Just set up your Exchange account in Entourage/Outlook.
- Installed Thunderbird on your Win computer. Import from Outlook. One user reports It took a while since my PST was like 3 Gb. At first I was crashing it but then I let it work for a try and it imported everything perfectly, but not showing any progress bar during the process.
- Export as MBOX using a plugin with Thunderbird. extension to import and export mbox files.
- Select each folder one by one and export them using this plug-in. Add .MBOX extension to every file.
- Drag and drop MBOX files to the Entourage folder window or use File --> Import --> Contacts or Messages from a text file --> Import messages from an MBOX-format text file. More on MBOX file import,
- More on importing from Thunderbird
Save the .eml files to your hard drive by selecting them in the Attachments box, then click Save. Now, select one on the Desktop, and go to File -> Get Info. Under "Open With", change the application to Entourage. Click the button to change all. Now try dragging them into the Entourage window or double-clicking them to open them there.
There is no way to open an .oft file in Entourage or Outlook.
You can transfer messages from any Windows email client to Entourage or Outlook via an IMAP Account. Check with IMAP Service Providers for free IMAP providers.
- Drag-copy messages from your exporting program to similarly-named IMAP server folders.
[Note: the site indicates the scripts do not work with Leopard, but it's only the "unlock all" script that does not work. You will have to enter the code for each script, but they do work. You also need to download a newer version of Satimage.osax.] [some script no longer work in Snow Leopard]
Export-Import Entourage (shareware $20) 50 scripts to export and import almost everything Contacts, Groups, Calendar Events, Tasks, Notes, Messages, Folders, Accounts, Signatures, Mailing Lists and Categories from one identity of Entourage X or 2001 to any other, and to transfer Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes to and from other PIM programs on the Mac and Windows, with special converters for Microsoft Outlook, Excel and other programs.