Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our SiteOffice365 Home Premium 1YR Subscription
- Permanently delete on quit
- Permanently delete messages in one step
- I deleted a folder, what can I do?
- Delete only future occurrences of the event, but leave all past occurrences in tact?
- In Entourage 2008, when I delete spam it's permanently deleted. How do I get the old behavior back that moves it to the Deleted Items folder?
Entourage Delete Shortcut (Command-D) available in the Menu bar under Edit
Under the tools menu, open the 'Schedules' window.
Listed there should be an 'empty deleted items folder schedule. Double-click this to edit the settings.
The 'When' section drop down can be set to 'on quit'.
2) I have messages in my spam folder that I want to permanently delete without having to go through two steps of delete and delete again in the Deleted Items folder.
There is a script that will permanently delete from a folder rather than sending messages to the trash.
You can download the free AppleScript Nuke Messages from the author of SomeDude Software.
When you delete a folder, Entourage placed it in the Deleted Items folder. If you toggle on the arrow, you will find the deleted folder.
If you try to delete when there is a folder, you will get a warning unless you have turned off in Preferences --> General Preferences --> Notifications.
However, if a schedule deletes, you do not get the warning.
Open the series and adjust the 'ends by' date in the 'recurrences' section to the current date. All future events will disappear.
Download this script to soft delete.