Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our Site
- If you move the Microsoft User Data folder (also known as the MUD folder) in your Documents folder, Microsoft Office will create a new blank Identity. Inside this folder is your Identity (named Main by default). All of your mail, contacts, etc are stored here.
- Make sure that the latest update has been applied. Under Help in the Menu bar select "Check for Updates".
- Location of Mail/Data... How can you backup, if you don't know where it is?
- You should have only one Microsoft Database daemon in your "Startup items". If you have more than one, delete all and let Entourage/Outlook create a new one when it launches. Note if you are running both Entourage and Outlook you can have two, but there should only be one per app.
- It's important to keep your Office applications updated! When installing Office updates, quit All applications that are running because they might interfere with installation. Easy way: Log out/in with Shift key down. This disables all startup items.
- Office 2011 requires you to quit Safari, Firefox and other browsers.
- It's good practice to restart after updating to clear temporary caches that may interfere with using your software and to re-enable the hidden Office daemons! Repair Permissions is a debated option in the newer versions of the OS, but it's easy to do. It will not hurt.