Support our site SIGNUP FOR HOSTMONSTER.COM
Support our SiteOffice365 Home Premium 1YR Subscription
Install Office 2001
- Insert the CD and drag the "Microsoft Office 2001" folder to your "Applications (Mac OS 9)" folder, which is generally the best location for all your Mac OS 9 applications.
- Follow the instructions to install any Value Pack items that you may want.
(You can always install others later although you will need to reapply all updaters.)
- Open Word, Excel and PowerPoint once to cause them to initialize themselves.
- Open Entourage which will first initialize itself and then show a series of setup dialogs which allow you to easily enter personal information, set up your e-mail account and even import from other applications. (Of course, you can edit all of this information and import data at any time.)
- Install the latest updates.
- After completing the installation, rebuild your desktop. In OS 8/9, this causes your system to "clean house." To rebuild the desktop, restart your computer. Hold the Option and Command (Apple) keys and keep them pressed down until you see the dialog box that asks if you want to rebuild. Click "Yes". You only need to click "Yes" for your main hard disk, not any external drives.
After the install, be sure to
- Empty the trash. Old copies there can cause problems.
It's important to install updaters. See the Version Page for complete info on updaters.
Please note, not all updates modify every program, so the versions can be different for each application.